Avon and Somerset Police's form system puts small files (known as "cookies") onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- maintain data between pages
- measure website usage (Google Analytics)
Cookies aren't used to identify you personally.
First party cookies
- Name: formation.client
- Purpose: Maintains data between pages
- Expires: 120 minutes
- Name: AWSELB
- Purpose: Cookie to direct your requests
- Expires: 20 minutes
Third party cookies
We use third party cookies to improve our online services. These cookies enable us to gather information about users who access our site and what actions they take. They also allow us to obtain feedback from users and work with partners to provide the best possible service. We use Google Analytics software to collect this information.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
Google don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
- Name: _ga
- Purpose: This helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before
- Expires: 2 years
- Name: _gat
- Purpose: Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made
- Expires: 10 minutes